Transmission of CAD-data
For the transmission of CAD-data on data carrier or remote transmission following binding conditions are valid.
1.) The sender is requested to notify FRIMO in advance by e-mail whenever a transmission of data is expected. Please use the following e-mail-address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The notice is required to include the following Information:
- Sender consisting of
- transmitting company
- name of sending person
- name of the person that initiated the transmittal
- General project reference, consisting of
- car code
- component description
- Recipient consisting of
- names of addressed FRIMO staff
- FRIMO Locations
- FRIMO project number, if available
- Reason for the data transmission (new inquiry, modification, technical enhancement, etc.).
- In the case of modifications and technical enhancements, those changes should be clearly and completely noted (highlighted, positional description, and possible reference to the stamped information).
- A sketch should be sent by e-mail (ppt., jpg.) in which the above-described details are clearly recognizable.
- Reference as to which document or data version should be replaced by the present version.
- Indication whether the data or data version is approved for production.
2.) In case this contractual obligation is not followed, FRIMO reserves the right to deal with the received data as follows:
- Incompletely identified and unannounced data might not be processed.
- The data might be classified as misdirected and will be returned to sender. In case FRIMO is rejecting and returning the data transmittal note, this act is considered to be a legally binding notification in writing.
- FRIMO does not take over liability for consequences resulting from incorrect data transmission such as delays or additional cost.
- In case data has to be reviewed by FRIMO due to a contractual obligation, the expenses for reviewing will be charged to the contractual Partner.
FRIMO requires binding CAD data in CATIA V5R26 format unless explicitly agreed otherwise. CAD data is required to have closed surfaces without deficiencies. Repair of deficient surfaces will be charged to Sender.
Transmission of CAD to FRIMO may be done using one of the following means:
DFÜ (IP: OFTP2) to VDA 4914/2 (Odette-FTP)/VDA4951 /VDA4951 (ENGDAT), Web-Portals (HTTPS), FTP-Server (FTP/SFTP) or via data stick (CD/DVD or USB-STICK).
In case a data transmittal contains modifications to previously submitted data, the sender is required only to transmit the components that contain the modifications. Furthermore he is required to clearly mark and/or describe the modifications (in a ppt or similar).
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
+49 (0) 54 04 / 8 86 - 1 57