FRIMO Edgefolding Technology
Efficient and effective
Edge folding refers to the process by which decorative materials, such as plastic films, textiles, carpets or leather, are folded over and fixed to the back of a substrate component using a gluing or welding process. Edge folding follows vacuum or press laminating, back injection molding or back pressing, creating the finished product.
FRIMO supplies a large number of different edge folding tools and machines. We continuously work to expand and optimize this technology through application projects such as door, trunk and pillar trims, back shelves, armrests, center consoles, covers and caps and headliners. This further development has resulted in new, more efficient solutions.
FRIMO's Product Portfolio:
- Prototype, pilot series and serial production tools
- Single station units
- with a swiveling upper table
- with vertical electromotive upper table drive for when stronger forces are required
- Inline and rotary table systems
- can substantially reduce cycle times for large quantities
- Combination machines
- integrate further process steps into the edge folding machine such as punching, cutting, mounting, welding, stamping, gluing and joining, cooling, part presence, applying and reading bar code labels, etc.
- Edge folding accessories
- handling systems, conveyors, dies, trim and punch tools, clip mountings, barcode printers and readers, component inspection, etc.
A quick look at the benefits:
- Central drive system or individual drive of edge folding slider units
- Different pressure range for edge folding movement and bonding pressure phases
- Adjustable mounted edge folding sliders to compensate for material tolerances
- Standard edge folding slider units for modular configuration
- Reduction of manual finishing work
- Edge folding with or without adhesives