FRIMO Edgefolding Technology
Efficient and effective
Edgefolding refers to the process by which decorative materials, such as plastic films, textiles, carpets or leather, are folded over and fixed to the back of a substrate component using a gluing or welding process. Edgefolding follows vacuum or press laminating, back injection molding or back pressing, creating the finished product.
FRIMO supplies a large number of different edgefolding tools and machines. We continuously work to expand and optimize this technology through application projects such as door, trunk and pillar trims, back shelves, armrests, center consoles, covers and caps and headliners. This further development has resulted in new, more efficient solutions.
FRIMO's Product Portfolio:
- Prototype, pilot series and serial production tools
- Single station units
- with a swivelling upper table
- with vertical electromotive upper table drive for when stronger forces are required
- Inline and rotary table sytems
- can substantially reduce cycle times for large quantities
- Combination machines
- integrate further process steps into the edge folding machine such as punching, cutting, mounting, welding, stamping, gluing and joining, cooling, part presence, applying and reading bar code labels, etc.
- Edgefolding accessories
- handling systems, conveyors, dies, trim and punch tools, clip mountings, barcode printers and readers, component inspection, etc.
A quick look at the benefits:
- Central drive system or individual drive of edgefolding slider units
- Different pressure range for edgefolding movement and bonding pressure phases
- Adjustable mounted edgefolding sliders to compensate for material tolerances
- Standard edgefolding slider units for modular configuration
- Reduction of manual finishing work
- Edgefolding with or without adhesives
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Europe: Reinhard Schäfer
+49 (0) 86 54 / 49 85 - 9 40