FlexTrim Scoring Machines
Ideal for trimming or scoring foils and skins
FRIMO's scoring process technology was developed for producing hidden airbags in instrument panels. In contrast to composite component weakening in which the substrate, foam and skin are all weakened in one step, FRIMO prefers material specific single steps.
The foil or skin is weakened by blade before foaming. The substrate and foam are separately weakened at the end, which can easily be integrated into the necessary component cutting process. Depending on the customer-specific requirements, this is where FRIMO punching machines or milling machines come into play. Compared to weakening entire composite components (for example, with a laser), a lower investment is required.
For the weakening of leather parts for hidden airbags, FRIMO offers a patented process in which the skin is weakened by a rotating circular knife. This process guarantees high precision and odorless results with the shortest possible cycle times.
A quick look at the benefits:
- Attractive price/performance ratio
- High productivity, good ergonomics and optimal component accessibility
- Use of multiple product fixtures per workstation possible
- Use of one or two robots possible (can be added later)
- High process reliability
- Excellent cut quality through optimally matched machine-fixture combination
- Defined cutting depth, e.g. for substrate/foam weakening
- High flexibility through fast tool and fixture changes
- Compatible with all standard milling spindles
- Easy start-up, operation, maintenance and cleaning
- Combination of FRIMO trimming and scoring technology for thermoformed skins into one component fixture possible