Sustainability and efficiency – FRIMO at FAKUMA
During the FAKUMA which takes place from 18th to 22nd of October 2011 in Friedrichshafen the FRIMO group gives an insight in trends and develop-ments themed around sustainability and efficiency in PU processing, flexible trimming, Composites processing, thermoforming and joining technologies.On the occasion of the FAKUMA FRIMO exhibits and presents future-oriented solutions which offer our customers a number of advantages for their production of plastics components. For realizing technically demanding projects, high-quality standards and extremely tight time lines our customers need partners who can provide the necessary support and offer a high level of technical expertise and reliability.
At the FAKUMA 2011 FRIMO shows and presents:
- HIGHSPEED infrared welding on the example of the fastest machine available. A completely new drive system makes it possible to weld without gas, high temperature or dirt. Just with several times gravitational acceleration and with a theoretical top speed of up to 3.5 meters/second.
- PURe Liner for economic PU processing completely without release agents. The PURe Liner is a semi-permanent mold liner made of a self-releasing plastic compound. Due to its special material composition, the innovative PURe Liner permits low demolding forces and remains in the cavity.
- the new EcoForm thermoforming generation – a highly unitized system, that enables very flexible configurations of single-station or inline machines
- Integrated Thermoforming concepts (Thermoforming, Backfoaming and Reinforcing (TRRIM), Milling, Joining, Assembly, Logistics) with a high degree of automation
- the FRIMO TRRIM Technology for ready-to-assemble, scratch-resistant and sturdy components by means of thermoformed plastic sheets with high-quality optics
- double vacuum system – a procedure gaining in importance to laminate carrier parts that are themselves not suitable for vacuum laminating. This process enables the manufacture of even very compact high-class surfaces for various applications, e.g. consumer goods or also automotive components
- trends in the production of high-class surfaces, e.g. all available In-Mold Graining (IMG) processes which enable to transfer the grain pattern to the foil at the same time when this is being shaped in the thermoforming process.
- Composites Alliance FRIMO and Schuler: This new alliance was agreed at the Composites Europe fair in Stuttgart by the end September between Schuler SMG GmbH & Co. KG, a member of the Schuler Group, and the FRIMO Group GmbH. Both companies will offer their customers tailored turnkey solutions from a single source for the mass manufacturing of lightweight components. This 'Composites Alliance' will pool the know-how and experience of FRIMO and Schuler for the processing of composite materials.
The FRIMO Group includes global production and sales locations with more than 1,100 employees in Europe, Asia and America, and numerous distributors around the world. FRIMO companies have been recognized repeatedly for outstanding performance. FRIMO has earned the SPE awards, otherwise known as the ‘Plastics Oscars’, 15 times already. As a partner in a development consortium with TTT The Team Composite, FRIMO was honoured for a CRP lightweight trailer design concept at the JEC Composites Show in 2010. FRIMO’s portfolio for the plastics processing industries covers an extremely wide range of processes for PU processing along with flexible cutting, punching, pressing and forming, as well as thermoforming, laminating, edge folding, joining and bonding. FRIMO offers its customers tailor-made tools, machinery and systems as separate or turnkey solutions from a single source.
Contact for further information and documentation
Freecall +49 (0) 800 / 3 74 66 43
Fax +49 (0) 54 04 / 8 86 - 3 33
FRIMO Group GmbH
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!