A reliable process that doesn't require rework - intricate technology for clean edges
Our edge folding equipment offers a customized follow-up and finishing process for laminated, back injection-molded, or back compression-molded automotive interior components. During this process, decorative materials such as film, textiles, carpeting, and leather are affixed to the back of structural component.
We recommend various methods depending on the project that are either adhesive-based with dispersion or hot-melt adhesives, or adhesive-free using hot air or heated edge folding sliders.
We have continuously improved our edge folding technology, making the process increasingly reliable, since all process parameters, including temperature, pressure, and locking times are permanently monitored, and self-adjusting hot air blower technology is used. FRIMO edge folding sliders close seamlessly with zero gap and move independently of each other both horizontally and vertically. This is how we solve highly complex tasks and combine edge folding with other technologies.
FRIMO's Product Portfolio:
- Edge folding tools
- Combination edge folding tools
- Single-Station edge folding systems
- In-line edge folding Systems
- Combination systems
A quick look at the benefits:
- Central drive system or individual drive of edge folding slider units
- Different pressure range for edge folding movement and bonding pressure phases
- Adjustable mounted edge folding sliders to compensate for material tolerances
- Standard edge folding slider units for modular configuration
- Reduction of manual finishing work
- Edge folding with or without adhesives