We support you in product development right from the start - worldwide.
FRIMO ULTRASONIC RIVETING
Machines and parts from a single source
Ultrasonic riveting is used to bond materials using thermoplastic rivet domes (polypropylene, polyamide 6, ABS, POM, etc.) onto other materials such as plastics or metals. This technology allows even the most diverse materials to be joined.
We offer technology-neutral advice in advance to determine the most appropriate solution for your unique requirements, both technically and economically.
ULTRASONIC RIVETING PROCESS
Secure welds with ultrasonics
In ultrasonic riveting, the plastic is plasticized at the contact point with the sonotrode by selectively converting sound energy into heat. The plastic is then formed under pressure and pressed down. It is cooled through both the sonotrode and cooling air.
ULTRASONIC RIVETING APPLICATIONS
For the most diverse material combinations
- Door panels
- Instrument panels
- Center consoles
- Trunk trim panels
- All types of housings
FRIMO ULTRASONIC RIVETING ADVANTAGES
- Technology-neutral advice
- Technologically and economically advanced, project and part-specific riveting solutions
- Readily available standard sonotrodes
- Highly-efficient process with very short cycle times
- Secure, tight, low-stress welds
- Low energy consumption
- All weld points can be reached
- Even the most diverse material combinations are possible
- FRIMO TechCenter for diverse application trials and tests for process testing and development