We support you in product development right from the start - worldwide.
Punching, embossing, and welding exterior parts in one machine
The FRIMO CombiCut machine is specially developed for punching, embossing and joining bumpers and other grained, painted or unpainted exterior plastic components. The CombiCut is great for high-volume production, especially with many variations.
Optional punching and mounting elements such as parking assistants, headlight wipers, fog lamps, side-markers and trailer hitches can be added just prior to final assembly, reducing inventories and simplifying storage.
The part, such as a bumper, is loaded by the operator onto an ergonomic slide fixture. After the cycle is started, the part is moved into the punching position. Along with punching and radius embossing, the CombiCut can also be loaded with attachments. These are then attached to the punched part in a separate joining station with adhesive or ultrasonic welding. If necessary, the part can be repositioned before joining. The part is then moved to the unloading position, where the operator removes the finished part.
A variety of application possibilities
Examples of applications:
- Park assist
- Headlight cleaning
- Fog lights
- Side markers
- Mounting holes, e.g. for load protector or spoiler attachments
- Tow hitch openings
FRIMO COMBICUT PUNCHING EQUIPMENT ADVANTAGES
- Technology-neutral support
- Multiple processes in one machine, such as punching, embossing, and joining through adhesive or ultrasonic welding
- Radius embossing, even for painted parts
- Easy adjustment of embossing depth
- Variety of controls technology options
- Automatic part feeding
- Integrated waste removal
- Compact, low-maintenance design
- Shortest cycle times
- Long tool life
- Maximum operational availability
- Highly-efficient, reliable process
- In-house production of ultrasonic components
- Ergonomic part loading and operation