We support you in product development right from the start - worldwide.
A STRUCTURE THAT IS BOTH LIGHTWEIGHT AND STABLE
With FRIMO preforming and RTM
RTM (Resin Transfer Molding) processes offer the best conditions for producing extremely efficient and resilient structural components with maximum potential for weight savings. Fiber fabric preforms are placed in the tool and the closed tool is injected with a reactive resin system under high pressure. The various matrix materials, such as epoxy or polyurethane-based materials, each create specific process requirements.
We provide feedback to help to optimize production of your part and supply not only tailor-made tooling and equipment, but also complete production solutions. Our focus is on continuing to develop the RTM process and the production process for fiber composites in high volumes. The fastest injection process possible and short amount of time the part spends in the tool contribute to shorter cycle times. The composition of the preform also has a significant influence on the mechanical properties of the part.
FRIMO PREFORMING & RTM PRODUCTS
Tooling and equipment from a single source
- Preforming presses
- RTM presses
- Preforming tools
- RTM tools
- Combination tools
- Monocoque tooling & equipment
- Custom tooling & equipment
- Automation systems, including linear transfer, robotic handling, gripper technology
The key to the RTM process
The preforms play a key role in the RTM process. The better the preform, the better the structural part. Preforming therefore plays a large role in the configuration and cost-effectiveness of the process. Preforms are produced in advance by putting the textile materials through a dry preforming process. Producing the preforms in advance eliminates the influence of viscous resin displacement, which considerably raises the reproducibility compared to wet compression. In addition, fiber direction can be optimized for the process and different textile materials can be combined. With targeted material feeding and sophisticated draping methods, even complex geometries are feasible.
We offer systems for compression preforming (contact heating, IR heating, compression molding), handling (transferring and robotics), and preforming tools. We can also implement alternative preforming processes and integrate them into a complete concept.
FRIMO PREFORMING & RTM PROCESS
- Material unrolled, cut, and stacked
- Material stack heated
- Material stack inserted into preforming tool
- Transfer to RTM tool
- Resin injection, curing, release, and removal
FRIMO PREFORMING & RTM ADVANTAGES
- Large structural components, including carbon fiber
- Lightweight with distinguished mechanical properties
- Mechanical properties can be optimized through fiber direction
- Savings through possible integration of functional elements and parts
- Custom preforming solutions
- Series production-tested machine concepts
- Global project management
- Smart service